For this months essie club collab we decided that we would do a halloween inspired manicure! When trying to think of something unique to do I kept coming back to eyes! I have done an evil eye manicure before so I wanted to make sure that this wasn’t similar! Below I have listed some easy instructions so that you can get the same look!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Base Coat
- Top Coat
- 100% Acetone Nail Polish Remover
- Clean Up Brush
- Detailing Brush
- Dotting Tool
- ‘Licorice’ by essie
- ‘Avenue Maintain’ by essie
- ‘Blanc’ by essie
- ‘Jump In My Jumpsuit’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Paint all nails with a clear base coat
- Paint all nails with two coats of ‘Licorice’ by essie
- Once this has dried for about five minutes dump some of ‘Blanc’ by essie out onto a notecard
- Next take your detailing brush and draw circles (eyeballs) in random spots on your nails. I chose to do two a nail but depending on how big/small your nails are you can do more or less.
- Once this has dried for 3-4 minutes take your dotting tool and dip it into’Avenue Maintain’. Create a medium sized dot in the middle of each of your eyeballs.
- Next take ‘Licorice’ and place a smaller sized dot in the middle of the dot you just made. This is creating the effect of an eyeball.
- After that has been completed create veins on each eyeball using ‘Jump In My Jumpsuit’. This is really just drawing small squiggly lines on the white parts of each eyeball you have created.
- Let your nails dry for 5-10 minutes before applying your top coat. This is to ensure that there is no smudging of colors.
- Tada! You now have spooky eyeball nails just in time for halloween night! Feel free to comment on here or on my Instagram with any questions/comments!