I have loved splatter paint nails ever since I tried them out for the first time last Fourth of July. This year I decided that I would recreate them and perfect the splatter paint technique! To me this mani is perfect for the 4th because it reminds me of fireworks exploding. This look is also easy to create because each nail looks different every time and thats okay! Below is a how to so that you can get the same look for the upcoming holiday!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Top Coat
- Base Coat
- 100% acetone nail polish remover
- Clean up brush
- Paper plate
- ‘Pouf Daddy’ by essie
- ‘Blanc’ by essie
- ‘Aruba Blue’ by essie
- ‘Set In Stones’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Make sure to put some newspaper down/ a paper plate so that you have a barrier since this mani can get messy!
- Paint all nails with a base coat.
- Paint two coats of ‘Blanc’ on each nail.
- Take ‘Pouf Daddy’ and pour a spot about the size of a quarter out onto the paper plate.
- Next dip one end of the straw into the polish and swirl it around.
- Then blow into the opposite side of the straw with the straw pointed at your nail. This will make a random spatter of polish form on your nail and will create a sort of splatter paint effect!
- Continue this on each nail with the red polish.
- Once you have done that repeat steps 3-6 with ‘Aruba Blue’ and ‘Set In Stones’.
- Make sure to clean up thoroughly around your nails as there will be a lot of excess polish. ***If you have liquid latex feel free to apply it around each nail before you start so that clean up is easier, I did this and it made my clean up go way faster!
- Wait for the nail to dry for about 5 minutes and then apply a top coat.
This is such a fun look and it can be done with any combination of colors and for any holiday or special occasion! Let me know if you decide to try out a splatter paint nail on Instagram!