Bordered nails have recently become a huge fad in the nail art world. I thought I would give them a try and put my own spin on the design by having a dotted border. Here is a quick step by step so that you can get the same look!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Nail dotter
- Note card
- Nail polish remover
- Top coat
- Base coat
- ‘Apres-Chic’ by essie
- ‘Warm & Toasty Turtleneck’ by essie
- ‘Smokin Hot’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Paint each nail with a base coat.
- Paint all nails with 2 coats of ‘Warm & Toasty Turtleneck’ by essie.
- Let nails dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour some of essie’s ‘Smokin Hot’ on to a note card.
- Take your nail dotter and dip it into ‘Smokin Hot’.
- Next place dots around the outer edges of each nail (make sure to leave room in between each dot for the second round).
- Dip dotter in nail polish remover to clean off.
- Repeat steps 5-7 with ‘Apres-Chic’ but this time place the dots in between each of the dots that you already made with ‘Smokin Hot’ (this should create a border around your nail).
- Wait 10 minutes and apply a top coat (the reason to wait longer before applying the top coat is to decrease the likelihood that the dots will smudge).
If you try out this manicure make sure to hashtag #essiebuff on Instagram!