Christmas light manicures have been around for years but are still such a classic every holiday season! I decided to give this type of manicure a try since I have never done a christmas light manicure before. Here is a short how to so that you can get the same look!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Small nail brush
- Note card
- Base Coat
- Top Coat
- ‘Going Incognito’ by essie
- ‘Size Matters’ by essie
- ‘Leggy Legend’ by essie
- ‘Style Cartel’ by essie
- ‘Blanc’ by essie
- ‘Licorice’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Paint all nails with a base coat.
- Once this is dry paint 2-3 coats of essie’s ‘Blanc’ on each nail.
- Take your note card and pour some of essie’s ‘Licorice’ out on to it.
- Next take your nail brush and create a flowing line on each nail with ‘Licorice’. This is supposed to symbolize the string that the lights are on.
- Wait for this to dry completely before the next step.
- While you are waiting clean off your nail brush.
- Next pour some of essie’s ‘Shall We Chalet?’ onto the note card.
- Dip your brush into ‘Shall We Chalet’ and paint a small dot that comes to a tip at the end coming off of the black line that you painted earlier. This symbolizes one of the lights on the string.
- Continue to do this once on each nail with ‘Shall We Chalet?’.
- Clean your nail brush.
- Continue steps 7-1o with the remaining colors: ‘Style Cartel’, ‘Leggy Legend’ and ‘Going Incognito’.
- Once you have done this wait for your nails to dry before applying a top coat.
Make sure to tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #essiebuff if you create a similar look using this tutorial!