Each year Pantone picks what they deem to be the Color of the Year for the upcoming year. This year for the first time in history Pantone picked not one but two colors to represent the year of 2016. These colors were none other than ‘Rose Quartz’ and ‘Serenity’. Coincidentally these two hues match perfectly with two of essie’s new polish colors from their Winter Collection – ‘Virgin Snow’ and ‘Peak Show’. Seeing this comparison inspired me to do a mani honoring the new Colors of the Year!
Here is a how to on my Pantone x essie manicure so that you can get the same look!
Items needed for this manicure:
- Striping tape
- Cuticle clippers
- Top coat
- Base coat
- ‘Virgin Snow’ by essie
- ‘Peak Show’ by essie
Steps to achieve this look:
- Paint all nails with a base coat.
- Take essie’s ‘Peak Show’ and paint all nails with 3-4 coats.
- Paint all nails with a top coat.
- Let nails dry completely before moving on to the next step (this may take up to an hour).
- Cut striping tape into small pieces with your cuticle clippers and apply about half of the way down the nail on each nail.
- Take essie’s ‘Virgin Snow’ and paint the top half of the nail and stop once you reach the striping tape (this should leave the top part of your nail blue and the bottom part pink).
- Make sure to paint each nail one at a time and remove the striping tape immediately after painting the nail.
- Once you are completed with all ten nails wait 3-5 minutes and apply a top coat.
- Let dry completely and you are finished!